Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The BIG Dipper

No, this blog post is not about stars. Or constellations. It's also not at all about tobacco-usage of any kind.

This blog post is actually about my obsession with dipping my foods. I'm not really sure when I discovered this idiosyncrasy, but I definitely accept it as the truth. You see, I love to dip my foods. I don't just put ketchup on my hamburger. No, I have to dip the burger into ketchup a cup/puddle as well. But it's not just my burgers that get dipped. Anything I can possibly get away with dipping into something...I dip. Here are a few of my very favorite things to dip.

1. Arby's Sauce
This is probably the sauce that began my obsession with dipping. I love this stuff and of course, my roast beef sandwiches (and maybe a curly fry or potato cake) are no good without lots of it. (If the mean Arby's lady will give me more than 1 packet...Mom knows what I'm talking about.)

2. Frito Lay Bean Dip
I'm typically not a huge fan of Frito's Corn Chips, but somehow they are magically transformed by this incredibly unhealthy, amazingly delicious stuff.

3. Chuy's Jalepeno Ranch DipAgain, I'm just gonna be up-front and honest with you. I cannot stand ranch anything in any form. I gag at just the smell of jalapenos. So, why in the world am I so hopelessly addicted to this tiny little bowl of goodness??? Just please do me one favor...do not ever tell me what goes in this stuff. As they say, ignorance is bliss, my friend.

4. My Husband's Green Salsa and Famous Cheese Dip
Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of either of these insanely delicious dips, but get a load of this delicious dip. ;) But seriously, is there anything in the world that I would not slam dunk into his incredible green salsa or his cheese dip? Chips, breakfast tacos, regular tacos, quesadillas, my fingers.I mean really, the list could go on.

5. Cookies and MilkWhat would life be like without this little taste of heaven on Earth? Of course, oreos might be my favorite to dip into a really cold glass of milk, but no chocolate chip cookie is free from dunkage. I think I feel a craving comin' on.

Like I said before, these are really just a few of my favorite dipping components. I mean, dipping really does make food more fun!

What do you dip?




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Chuy's Ranch - we make it over here too!

    & of course OREOS & milk are the rage in our house, except that we rarely buy cold fresh milk (we did, however, but it to eat with some much-coveted double stuffed oreos)!!!

    & naturally I do love matt's green salsa recipe. I think I've even seen tomatillos over here.

    ReplyDelete