Thursday, April 28, 2011

Random Thoughts From An "Overdue" Pregnant Woman

*My estimated due date was 3 days ago. I think this bothers others more than it bothers me.

*I was reading some very insightful information on due dates that actually caused me to recalculate what my actual due date really is. Based on the length of my "monthly cycle" (which is far from the typical 28 days), my actual estimated due date should really be still another week or so away.

*I'm completely okay with this. Except that I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what I should do with my life for the next week. Everything is cleaned. Everything is installed. I'm not working anymore. Chi Alpha is over for the year. Now what???

*Please take note that I typed in bold italics (twice) that the due date is estimated. This is why, from the very beginning, when people would ask what my due date was, I would tell them sometime in late April....maybe.

(alright, already. enough with the due date.)

*Tomorrow is my husband's birthday. Men are so hard to buy for and I couldn't decide what to give him this year. So, I thought I'd just give him a son. I thought he might like one and he doesn't already have anything like that. The only thing, is that it seems as if I might have accidentally ordered it a little too late. I think I'll just pull the trick where you put the picture of the gift in a card and tell him the gift is on it's way. Do you think he'll like it?

*I'm BEYOND ready to wear clothes that fit. Even my trusty maternity items are "shrinking."

*America's Funniest Videos has seriously become one of our default shows. We both actually enjoy watching it and will find ourselves laughing the most at the babies and little kids. Maybe one day I'll have some valid material to send in to them. I just wish they didn't insist on always interrupting the funny with the lame. You all know who I'm talking about.

*The Royal Wedding: I mean, sure...it's a pretty big deal. She became a princess. But what is this wedding compared to the Royal Wedding I'll get to be in when the King of Kings comes to make me His bride? "Let us rejoice and be glad and give Him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and His bride has made herself ready." ~Revelation 19:7

*The last couple mornings here have actually been really cool and nice. It helps my motivation in staying active and taking nice, long walks.

*I've been learning a lot lately about being flexible and not getting cranky when things don't happen exactly as I think they should happen. Not just with this whole "due date" issue (i thought i was done with this topic), but also in several other situations. I truly am so much of a control freak that it's sometimes so hard for me to be okay when something goes differently than how I expect. ~ "...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." - Ephesians 4:11.

2 comments:

  1. Ben was born july 17..bill's birthday is the 20th..so i did just what you are contemplating and gave him a son for his b-day. I think the picture in the card will be perfect. Glad you're so content and embracing your last few days..heck..hours of pregnancy. Love you and can't wait to see Josiah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ready for the random thoughts of a new mother!

    ReplyDelete