Sunday, June 20, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up

Saturday was a long (but very good) day, most of which was spent with my wonderful mother-in-law. Because her son, my brother-in-law, is getting married in less than 2 weeks, she decided she wanted to buy a dress for me to wear to the wedding. How incredibly thoughtful is that? So, she drove in to town and we met up for a FULL day of shopping at Memorial City Mall. Good ol' Macy's was having one of their sales and was, therefore, an absolute madhouse. There were way too many bodies for my good taste. But it was worth it because she saved a TON of money on everything.

Oh, wait! Everything? Didn't I say earlier that she wanted to buy just a dress for me? Yeah, that's what I thought too. But she had a different idea of what "a dress" means. Cuz, when she says, "I wanna buy a dress for you." She really means, "I wanna buy a dress, a hot pair of shoes, a purse, and ALL the jewelry to match." So, that's what we did. And I gotta say...I am unbelievably thankful. We picked out an absolutely adorable dress. And even one that I'm pretty sure I've been dreaming of owning for quite some time. She bought this dress for me, but in this fun and summery, bold yellow. LOVE IT!

Then, after coming home and resting for a bit, Matt and I went on a date! For the first time in way too long. We just went to dinner and enjoyed each other's company.

Sunday: Father's Day
Of course, we went to church where our incredibly wise and godly pastor challenged the men to be Biblical fathers, who step up into the roles of living as men of integrity. So thankful for such godly leaders who love us and who lead us well.

Then, we went to my parents' house and my mom and I cooked a restaurant-worthy meal for our very favorite men. Y'all, it was GOOD! Homemade Chicken Parmesan, Italian-Style Parmesan Green Beans, Pasta, Salad and Garlic Bread. And my mom had also made an outstanding Chocolate Decadence Cheesecake. I'm feeling full all over again, just thinking about it. But oh, so YUM!

After dinner, then men in our lives wanted to spend Father's Day lazing about watching whatever sport was on tv (soccer and golf). So, their women left them alone to do so and went in the back of the house and engaged in deep, honest and open conversations. This really doesn't happen all that often for us and it was truly really refreshing.

Thinking back over this Father's Day Weekend, I actually ended up spending much more time with my precious mothers than I did with my fathers. I sure do love them all, though and am unbelievably grateful that I have such wonderful sets of parents.

my parents at our wedding

matt's parents at our wedding

Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time with your parents. THe food sounds yum!

    ReplyDelete