Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Little Thursday Humor

As I was perusing through one of my pregnancy books, I came across this odd little section called Old Wives' Tales. Some of these I've heard before and some just made me laugh out loud. I thought maybe some of my darling readers might get a kick out of reading some of these.

* You may need calcium if you crave ice cream.
*Cold feet indicate a boy.
*A lot of heartburn means your baby will be born with a full head of hair.
*Refusing to eat the heel on a loaf of bread means you're going to have a girl.
*Dangling a wedding ring over your tummy indicates the sex of the baby. (Not sure how this one even works.)
*Your baby will be born with a hairy birthmark if you see a mouse while you're pregnant.
*If you carry out in front, it's a boy---carrying around your middle means it's a girl.
*Eating berries causes red splotches on your baby's skin.
*If you perspire a lot, it's a girl. (Or you live in Houston where it's still in the 90's in Oct.)
*Taking a bath can drown the baby.
*It's a girl if you crave orange juice.
*Stretching your arms over your head can cause the umbilical cord to wrap around the baby's neck.
*If you carry high, it's a girl---carrying low means it's a boy.
*Dry hands means you're going to have a boy.
*Craving greasy foods means your labor will be short. (And so will your life.) (Sorry, bad joke...but I couldn't resist.)
*Craving spinach means you need iron.
*Your baby will be cross-eyed if you wear high heels.
*Your moods during pregnancy affects your baby's during pregnancy.
*Using various techniques or substances will start labor.

Have you heard any good ones?

3 comments:

  1. i crave orange juice all the time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you wear high heels you will have a cross eyed baby!!! bahahahaha! sounds like an excuse to always wear flats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read them all and crack up. You know some people really believe some of them? I just look at them and laugh. This lady at starbucks one time (during my 2nd pregnancy) tried to tell me something insane. I just laughed and looked at her like she was insane.

    ReplyDelete