Sunday, November 7, 2010

Grown-up Red Riding Hood (minus the hood part)

I am LOVING the new fresh cool air that's seemed to settle in around Houston. I love being able to wear my scarves (compliments of Liz Silva) and jackets. And let's just be honest...I rather enjoy being able to bum around the house in my sweat pants. There are a couple downsides to the cooler weather (super dry skin, chapped lips and not being able to enjoy the warmth and goodness of a hot cup of coffee), but I'd rather not focus on the negatives, if you please. It'll all be worth it once it's cold enough to cozy up in my HOTT new red coat.

Speaking of my new red coat...Seriously y'all, it's beautiful. As sad as this may sound, it's my first real adult coat and I'm super proud of it. All through college and for the last few years all I've had to keep me warm on those 3 really cold days we have here in Texas is my HUGE puffy red coat. You know the kind. Where no one can sit next to me and I can't wear it in the car because I can't buckle my seat belt and cops look at me sideways because they think I'm hiding a stolen child (or 2) inside it.

Don't get me wrong...it's a super fun coat and it's kept me warm and the center of everyone's attention for many good years. But let's face it. I'm 27. I'm married and am basically a mom. It's about time I graduated to something more mature.

So, thank you, Mom, for buying me this awesome, new, beautiful red coat for my birthday. I'm sure I'll be even more thankful when I actually get to wear on those 3 days.


P.S. When you click on the link to see a picture of my beautiful new red coat (because I know you all really want to), make sure you check out the back of the coat too. It's my favorite part!
Also, please remember that I will never look like the woman wearing my coat. Especially not this winter. No, I'll probably look more like Santa Claus in it this year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment