Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Little Pregnancy Update

Here's a little update of all the pregnancy highlights, just in case you were dying to know. ;)

How Far Along: According to my doctor, (who knows best, right?), I'm 19 weeks along. Almost 5 months! Can you believe it!?!?

Size of Baby: Hooglet is a whopping 7 ounces and 5-6 inches long.

Gender: Still unknown by any human at this point. It's cool to think that the LORD already knew this whole time.

Movement: I'm truly stumped by this one. I think it's still too early to feel Hooglet moving around, but sometimes I feel weird things that I've never felt before. Process of elimination tells me it's gotta be the baby, right? All I know is that I'm not getting excited about anything until I know for sure.

Maternity Clothes: I have no choice when it comes to pants: stretchy all the way...which made for a wonderfully full Thanksgiving. (Have you ever seen the episode of Friends where Monica challenges Joey to eat a whole turkey, so he goes and puts on a pair of Phoebe's maternity pants? Yup...I love being pregnant!) My tops are a mixture of maternity and normal. I'm beginning to outgrow my t-shirts...bummer.

Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty well. I only get up once to potty. If I'm not sleeping well, it's not because of the baby growing inside me, it's more likely because of my "baby" elbowing me in the face. Sure do love that man. ;)

Cravings: The daily pickle thing is gone. I still thoroughly enjoy pickles, but they're not mandatory anymore. The weird craving this week was Five Guys Burgers. Not sure why. And we still haven't eaten there. But I'll tell you what...when we do, I'll ask for extra pickles.

What I'm Missing: I'll be honest. There have been several times I've been mightily tempted to pour myself some coffee. I'm also REALLY bummed that eggnog is out of the question. Truly, I'm still not completely convinced that I can't have any and I plan to ask my doctor at the next visit. But my darling, protective husband has me on lock-down. You'll know why if you see him and he has a black eye. ;)

New Discoveries: I painted my own toenails for the last time for at least 5 more months. And even then it was probably not the best idea. I never thought I'd not be able to safely and comfortably reach my feet. I guess this means a pedicure is in my future.

Best Moment This Week: There are several. 1. Being with family and talking LOTS about Hooglet and baby names and plans and hopes and dreams. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it brings so much joy to my heart to know how much this baby is already so loved and celebrated. 2. Being with my precious sisters-in-law and niece and them being so anxious to know the sex of the baby that they Google every gender-predictor-test known to man...errr...woman. Turns out, I'm having a BOY! Or maybe a GIRL! But probably a BOY! But it could also be a GIRL! I guess we'll have to just wait and see for ourselves.

Looking Forward To: Actually going to have the ultrasound/sonogram (whatever it's called) that shows us whether Hooglet is a boy or girl. The appointment is for a week from today (Tuesday) and I'm tempted to just crawl in the bed and hibernate until then. It's funny to me that we waited for almost 2 years to even get pregnant, but that hasn't been nearly as hard as waiting the handful of weeks to find out about this baby's gender.

Daddy's Involvement: Y'all, I have got to brag on my baby-daddy. Last night, while I took my small groups girls on an outing, he took it upon himself to open the door to "The Dungeon", also known as the storage room and what will be the baby's room, and actually began to clean it out. I have been stressed out about nothing else in life except this nightmare of what will one day house my precious child. I can't even begin to tell you what all is in that room,but let's just say that the door stays shut at all times.
Thank you, Love, for being my brave and courageous knight-in-shining-armor who has attempted to slay the dragon from the underworld. (Y'all think I'm being dramatic.)

This picture that I leave you with has absolutely nothing to do with anything that was in this blog post, but I just can't stand to have a picture-less post. So, since we were still on our honeymoon this day three years ago, here's my favorite picture of the 2 of us. We're standing right on the shore of Cape Cod with the Atlantic Ocean in the background. Hope you're not grossed out by the public display of affection. :)


4 comments:

  1. Katey!!! I'm so excited about your little Hooglet and I can't wait to find out if it's a "He Hooglet" or "She Hooglet"! You are such a fun writer! Thanks for the updates. We're very happy for y'all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is precious - made me tear up a bit! I laughed as I thought that it could be baby movement or it could be gas;)
    SO SO happy for you guys..

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun!! can't wait to hear what you are having!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you will cherish those little movements so much once you begin to have them. And then they're BIG movements. I miss Ben wriggling around in his little home in my tummy. Occasionally i'll have a gas bubble and for a brief second i'll think..oh..there's Ben moving around again! I'm so thrilled for you both and can't wait to meet my little second cousin. Ps. You should drink a cup of decaff. coffee! I bet your dr. will tell you one cup of regular from time to time is ok too. I indulged every now and again..i made half/caff and had cups of regular and it was just fine, my dr. said. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete