Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tricksy Little Fella

My (unborn) son seems to have a new favorite game. It's called, "Hide From Anyone and Everyone But Mommy." Also known as, "Make Mommy Look Crazy."

You'd think I like this little game of his because it leaves me as the sole observer of his play. But, no. It just drives me crazy.

Why, you ask? I'll tell you.

See, this is how the game goes:
He moves around...not just sweet little moves inside...but major, "I'm busting outta this joint" kind of moves. I can actually watch my belly morph into the oddest, most random shapes. There truly have been a few moments when I feel like I need to hold on tighter to the computer for fear that it might get pushed off my lap...no exaggeration.

So, what's the "game" part?

As soon as I call Matt (or anyone else, for that matter) into the room, he stops. I'm pretty sure Matt thinks I'm making things up. While I was watching Jack and Caroline today, he was really going nuts in there. I made them pause the movie they were watching (yes, I let them watch a movie...have I mentioned that I'm almost 8 months pregnant???) and come over to watch him dance around. I thought they'd enjoy getting to see that. So, what did he do? He stopped. Didn't move at all. Because they have the attention span of ants, they "politely" asked if they could turn the movie back on.

Dear Sweet Son of Mine,
I love you more than I can say. But you are really causing me to question my sanity. And I'm fully aware that this is not the last time you will inadvertently make me, as your dear mother, look/feel like an idiot, but it's just too much for you not even being here yet. I just want you to know that I want to show you off to everyone, but I'll settle for just showing you off to Daddy. Please...I beg you...please bust a move. I'll give you chocolate, if you will.
(Am I already a bad mom for bribing my son with chocolate?)

1 comment:

  1. Owen did that to me too, and I read that they stop moving to listen to mom's voice. So maybe when you call Matt in to see, he stops so he can listen to your lovely voice!
    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete