Friday, March 25, 2011

Grasshoppers and "Tretzels"

Here's just a small sample of a long conversation that I had with a very "interesting" little 2 year old boy today:

K: Graham, do you know what I found on my front door this morning?

G: Yeah. (Meaning he wants to know.)

K: Can you guess?

G: Umm...no.

K: There was a big, green grasshopper on my door.

G: Why?

K: I don't know, Graham. I guess he was trying to get inside my house.

G: Plobly he was sitting on the couch waiting to meet someone.

K: (Laughing quite heartily...) You think he was sitting on the couch? Who do you think he was waiting for?

G: Umm...I don't know. Maybe Aunt Janet. (This was the first time I'd heard this name.)

K: Oh, Who is Aunt Janet and why was the grasshopper sitting on my couch, waiting for her?

G: Umm..plobly because the ants are hungry. The ants are very, very tiny and they want some cake to eat. And some tretzels (pretzels).

I mean, really, the conversation continued for another 5 minutes in this very weird direction. And as much as I tried to make sense out of what he was saying and even get him to think in reality, he kept coming up with the most random stuff. What an imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment