Friday, January 24, 2014

My Favorite Single


Here's a bit of a random, not-so-random post for ya.

My sister. My wonderful, younger sister, Allison.                    

It's not her birthday or anything like that. But I frequently read Kelly's Korner blog and she does this Singles Link-Up thing. And I've always wanted to post about Allison and just see what happens. I asked for her permission and at first she said, "No way!" But then she slowly started giving me guidelines about what to say. I may or may not be following her suggestions. But I am being entirely honest in my opinion of her.
Allison is on the left.
So, here are the general facts: She's 25 (will be 26 next month), she's tall, she's super beautiful, she's got a rockin' bod (just sayin') and she's hilarious. She got her undergrad at Sam Houston State in 2012 and just graduated with her Master's in Recreational Therapy from Texas State University. She just moved to Maryland earlier this week to complete a 4 month internship at an assisted living home. She'll be back home in Texas by Christmas. Why Maryland? Because she's a traveler and a sucker for an adventure.

She loves Jesus in a way that has always impressed and inspired me. Kinda cool for a big sister to watch a little sister grow into her own relationship with God so well.

The girl has one of those unique, tender hearts that loves and deeply cares for the forgotten. She has worked for several years as staff and leadership at a camp specifically for kids with special needs. And she's SO GOOD at it.
She's also been around the world on so many missions trips, doing many different wonderful things, but most of them, she's serving in orphanages...usually with kids that have been discarded because of their abnormalities.
Orphanage in China
Orphanage in Kazakhstan
Orphanage in Uganda
This girl's heart is big. And I've always admired how she can take life so seriously one moment and then be making me LOL! the next moment. Seriously, if I could only post screenshots of our text conversations. Matt (my husband) is always asking why I'm laughing so hard.

She pulls wacky 80's dress-up days off pretty well, eh?
                                                    
                                      
But I think my very favorite thing about her is her very special relationship with Josiah. She loves my son and the feeling is mutual. "Tia" (as he calls her) is the center of his universe. He's obsessed with her and she's obsessed with him. They have SO MUCH FUN together! I mean, just look at how they look at each other in these pictures.


Anyway...I think she's pretty wonderful. Josiah thinks she's pretty wonderful. And there's not a person I know of that doesn't think she's pretty wonderful. Totally worth getting to know.

4 comments:

  1. my brother is number 53! Lives in TX :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I think my older brother, Zack would be a GREAT match! I don't have a blog post about him, but I would to send you more info about him! zola831@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. I read your post about Allison and would like to send you my info. I do not have a blog post about myself, but you can contact me at jmb@aboutarunner.com

    ReplyDelete