Monday, June 2, 2014

26 Weeks

How far along: 26 weeks. And apparently, my due date is actually on the 8th of September, putting me at week-changes on Mondays and not Tuesdays like I thought.

Size of baby: the length of a green onion


Movement: I LOVE being able to feel this girl at opposites corners of my abdomen at the same time! It means she's growing and getting bigger and stronger. Both Josiah and Matt have finally been able to feel her kick. Josiah felt her first, but the jury is still out on if he actually did feel it. I think he did, but you never know with a three year old. Every time he's cuddled up on my lap (or what's left of it, anyway), she goes crazy and kicks and moves all around. Josiah doesn't seem to notice it at all, but I think it's pretty funny. And I'm fairly certain I've felt some hiccups every day (sometimes a couple of times a day) since Friday.
I never get tired of these sweet post-nap cuddles.
Maternity Clothes: I have these one pair of shorts that I really like that I can wear in public and not be tacky. I found them at a thrift store of all places and I have gotten more wear out of them than what I paid for them. Other than that...let's just say...it's a good thing I've pretty much been hanging out at home these days. 

Sleep: Sleep has actually been really great. Major thanks to the guy who sacrificially deals with the insomniac child living in our house in the middle of the night so I don't have to. I often wake up to find them both asleep in Josiah's (horrible) bed. What a man!

Cravings: Only craving healthy things like, chocolate and pizza. I did find myself eating very many Cuties...but probably because we had no chocolate in the house.

Symptoms: Umm...I'm 26 weeks pregnant, but feel like I'm 36 weeks pregnant. There's a lot going on.


Best Moment this Week: I'd say it's been a pretty rough week for me, physically and emotionally. Not because of any one major thing, just a bunch of little, life-is-normal-and-sometimes-cruddy things. But it has been SO GREAT to see the progress Josiah is making on potty training. I alluded to it before and still have that whole other post with all the details of our experience, but he really has done so much better than I ever thought possible. Even with the horrible weekend we had and the worst case of diarrhea he's ever had...he's still got the concept completely. Can't say how proud I am.

Looking Forward to: Is it bad that I'm already thinking about and planning my weight loss attempts for post-baby? I've already decided that all I really want for my birthday (a few weeks after the baby is born) is new workout clothes and maybe a personal trainer (I'll probably have to hire one because my favorite personal trainer lives about an hour away and is having her own baby right after me). I've even started looking at the calendar and planning when I'll have clearance to get back to it based on when she arrives. It'll be October, y'all. There's no better month of the year to go for a nice, cool run. Can't wait!!!

Daddy's Involvement: This guy goes out of his way to make my life more bearable. Doing what he can to fix the AC in the house so it's less hellacious. Rubbing my shoulders. Giving me some time alone. Having talks with our little wild-man to explain why he can't jump all over me and how he needs to be gentle. And then of course, the usual, normal, wonderful things like cooking and doing dishes, etc.

Big Brother: Asking about her just about every day. The other morning he woke me up with this conversation:
"Mommy, how's the baby doing today?"
"Oh, ummm...she's doing great."
"Well, that great news!"
And he thinks about toys he'll show her and books he'll read to her. It's gonna be great.

Gotta have a pic. of Big Brother.


No comments:

Post a Comment