Thursday, August 27, 2015

What's Up Wednesday: Welcome Week and First Birthday Edition

Well, I had every intention of getting this up on Wednesday, but then my sweet baby girl got a miserable case of this horrid condition known around the world as...teething. Every other tooth seems to just pop up with nothing but a slight whine in the middle of the night. But this tooth must be a gold one or something. She's had a horrible fever that just wasn't breaking and was super lethargic and just not herself. Even though she's miserable and it breaks Mommy's heart, all moms cling to one hope in those terrible times: the cuddles are off the charts and we're not doing a daggum dish until she's back to normal. 


 So. What's Up, Thursday, it is.

1. What we're eating...leftover pizzas, pbj sandwiches and whatever is being grilled and given away for free on campus. Welcome Week is nuts around here. Long days on campus and evenings filled with events that may or may not include food, but are right in the middle of dinner time and that go well into the night waaaaaayy past bedtime. So, I had grand plans for all these wonderful crock pot meals for these first few weeks of school to help us still eat somewhat healthy and not spend wads of cash on drive thru dinners. I bought all the necessary ingredients and even made some into freezer bag meals that only needed to be thawed a bit before tossing into the crock pot. Then my crock pot lid broke. So...drive thrus and hot dogs it is.

2. What I'm reminiscing about...these days last year; being huge-pregnant, trying to get all the last minute stuff done and anticipating getting to meet our little girl. I was also praying heavily that she would stay put until the madness of the first week was done.

3. What I'm loving...this is my FAVORITE scent. I love, love, love it! A couple weeks ago, Matt stopped into the Gap Outlet to grab some new shirts and he picked up the very last two bottle of it. Apparently, this particular scent is being discontinued, so I'm forcing myself to ration it out.


4. What we've been up to...Welcome Week, Welcome Week, Welcome Week. And Josiah started back to school too. And getting ready for a First Birthday Party.

5. What I'm dreading...that one year doctor appointment where my sweet baby girl gets shots.

6. What I'm working on...a few minor, but fun-for-me birthday projects.

7. What I'm excited about...Well, I'm excited about the upcoming birthday party. And I'm also excited about the first Chi Alpha meeting of the year next week. It just never gets old. All the planning, all the preparations, all the praying...it's just the best!

8. What I'm watching/reading...I've mentioned this book that I'm reading. And it's one of those that I wish I had more solid time right now to just sit and soak it all up, but I simply don't have that kind of time right now. But when I do get time...it's so very refreshing!


We've been watching The Amazing Race from the very beginning all summer long and we just can't give it up. We kinda accidentally started a new season the other night when we were planning to just give it a rest until after the first few weeks of school. But we couldn't help ourselves.

9. What I'm listening to...the gentle hum of the box that has saved my life and my family members' lives for the last two blistering summer. Precious cold air. Thank you, Jesus. (You were hoping for some cool, new music? I have small children. If I'm not listening to VBS songs or the Curious George theme song, I'm not listening to anything.)

10. What I'm wearing...Chi Alpha shirts. All day. Every day.

11. What I'm doing this weekend...You guessed it. An event for Welcome Week, what else? That and recovering from Welcome Week (dishes, laundry, sleeeeeeeep).

12. What I'm looking forward to next month...so many birthdays!!!! My dad's is on the 2nd, Lydia's is on the 5th, my sister's is on the 22nd, my father-in-law's in on the 28th, mine and my brother-in-law's is on the 30th!! Not to mention all the birthdays of other family members and dear friends all throughout the month. Our Fall retreat, Breakaway, is also always at the end of the month and I can't wait for that.

13. What else is new...nothing, really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment