Saturday, May 8, 2010

Can You Please Put Your Shoes Back On?

I experienced something for the very first time ever today. Not a cool, new experience. No, it was actually something I could live the remainder of my life never, ever experiencing again.

Here's the story:
I was in a store shopping for some cute new summer-y clothes. (YAY!) After I got my arms loaded with tons of sweet tops and shorts, I headed into the fitting room. The fitting room attendant promptly robbed me of the majority of my selection stating that they have a limit of 6 items at one time. (Sidenote: Why in the world do they do this to themselves? I mean, I understand that they're trying to cut down on how much gets stolen and how much they have to clean out of the rooms, but the reality of it all is that they are also deterring the shoppers from spending more money. I just don't get it.) I walked back into the very back of the fitting room...more privacy. For as many people who were in the store, there really weren't that many in the fitting room.

As I was getting close to the end of my final 6-item-at-a-time selection, I heard 2 women walking back to the corner of the fitting room where I was enjoying being alone. It's cool. I was almost finished anyway. About 5 seconds later, I changed my mind. It wasn't cool. Not cool at all.

The woman in the stall next to me had taken off her shoes. OMG. Like a wave, it came over me...the smell, followed by the nausea. I promise. I am not exaggerating. I really thought I was gonna vomit. It was absolutely horrible. I still had a couple more things to try on and they were really cute items, but I had to get outta there...or say something.

But I couldn't just say something. How rude would that be? And besides, I'm pretty strong, but I'm also pretty sure she coulda taken me. I decided to just bite my tongue and breathe through my mouth while I tried on the rest of my selection.

The bright side? I made out with several new cute summer-y items. Bring on the heat!

2 comments:

  1. HA! :) That's so terrible Katey. ha ha. I'm totally laughing at you to myself right now though. Glad you got some cute clothes

    ReplyDelete