Friday, August 20, 2010

As if We Needed More Reason

It seems as if every single day since we signed a lease to move into our wonderful, beautiful, brand new house something occurs in this house that reminds us and further solidifies our deep longings to get the heck away...and fast!

Examples of these awful and annoying occurrences include, but are not limited to:

1. Tiny little bugs crawling out from behind the molded shower walls.

2. No parking spaces left because of the constant parties going on at the firehouse behind our house.

3. The constant (loud) parties going on at the firehouse behind our house. Who has a party til 2am on a Tuesday night, anyway???

4. Our mailman deciding when it's convenient for him to come to our house. So what if we don't have any mail to receive that day? Shouldn't it occur to him that we may have outgoing mail...like, maybe an important bill to pay?

5. The GIANT roach that basically crawled up the blanket draped across my legs and all around the bookshelf until he finally made himself comfortable in my shoe. (I tried not to cuss him out.)

6. The A/C that chose to stop working in the middle of August, leaving my husband and I to sweat it out all night and well into the blistering, record-high afternoon. What makes it worse is that because the house is so old, the windows are all painted shut, giving us absolutely zero ventilation. Apparently, I get REALLY angry when I get hot. Poor husband.

I know this sounds like I'm complaining a lot. And maybe I am. But what I haven't told you is just how overwhelmingly thankful each of these situations make me. Every time I step into the shower in the morning and see the yucky moldy walls, I'm spontaneously sent into a praise session to the LORD. He gave us this house that we still live in 3 years ago and it's been so perfect for us (almost) this whole time. We've been ready to move on up for a while now, and He's made it possible for us.

In the changing seasons of our lives, we're so ready for something different and something better. It really was the orchestrations of the LORD that made it possible to get this new house. It's perfect! And I can't wait to move in. Until we do, I'm making it a point to count all these little annoyances as reminders from the LORD to give thanks in all circumstances.

And how easy is it to give thanks for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment