Friday, August 6, 2010

Things I'm Enjoying

Here are some of the things I've been enjoying this summer:

Avacados. I would truly eat one a day if it weren't so darn difficult to find ripe ones. High in calories (boo!), but also high in good cholesterol (yay!). And oh, so yummy with a little sea salt.
This fun summer dress (well, not this exact one, but one very similar to it) that I got on sale from the Gap before our trip to Phoenix. I only wish the straps were a little thicker so I didn't have to feel like I needed to wear a sweater with it. But it's cool and comfy...and it has pockets!This series by Francine Rivers. I'm a big believer in summertime fiction, but I'm not typically a huge fan of cheesy, Christian romance novels. And although some of her stuff can be on the cheesy side, this series has been one of the most challenging, convicting and encouraging book(s) I've read. Because it's a trilogy, the plot and the character development is very thick but not overwhelming. I started the first one at the beginning of the summer and am only a few chapters into the last one. Hoping I can get it finished by the time school starts in a few weeks.Iced Tea in this new pitcher of mine. I've never really been a big iced tea drinker, but I've been just downing this wonderful stuff all summer long. It's probably because I decided to stop drinking coffee several months ago, but still need that tiny flow of caffeine throughout my veins. Call me an addict if you will, but at least be grateful that I won't rip your face off because I've had my fix. I'm a much more pleasant person when I've had my fix.The Apostle Paul and his letters: Acts, Romans, 1st and 2nd Corinthians. I've read these books countless times throughout my life. I've even memorized several select passages from each. But I've never really read them for pure enjoyment. Paul was such an incredible man. I'm so grateful for his commitment to the gospel and to the Church early on. Sometimes I wish I could be more like him.What have you been enjoying this summer?

4 comments:

  1. Your blog! :) I love the dress! :) And I've never read any of Francine Rivers - our sweet librarian friends (Jamie and Mary) would probably cringe to know that. So glad such small things are bringing you joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been enjoying my kiddos. Mmmm, LOVE avocados! Matter fact, I had one with lunch today!!! I love dresses with pockets...except I really dont like wearing dresses...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I wanna see you wear the dress :)And,I might steal this idea (or a similar one) for my next blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have gotten into a little digital scrapbooking this summer. digital scrapbooking is its own world and I had no idea, but I am loving it so far. I too love me some avacados...I am pretty sure I could live off of guacamole, salsa and mac and cheese forever!

    ReplyDelete