Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"That's so sad..."

Today is the end of the seventh day of my life without coffee. Lemme say that again just in case you misunderstood or got distracted for a moment: I, coffee-addict extraordinaire, have not had a bit of coffee(and very little caffeine of any kind) since last Wednesday morning...a WHOLE WEEK!

Can I just be perfectly honest with you? It has been such a rough week. I think these 3 words sum it up quite accurately: my poor husband.

I know you might be wondering why. And honestly, I don't really even know why. And I don't know for how long either...maybe forever??? It wasn't some major decision and I'm not giving it up for lent or anything like that. I just know that when I went to get my usual morning cup last Thursday, I had this overwhelming feeling that coffee had more control over me than pretty much anything else in my life...never good. And I said, "No." I haven't had any since then. And amazingly enough, I haven't really even been tempted to drink coffee. The effects of the withdraws (which are SUPER intense the first few days) have finally begun to wear off and I'm actually feeling pretty good!

I have to share this ADORABLE story with you. Every morning I go to work, I take with me my 2nd and 3rd cups of the day in my favorite to-go mug, picked out by my favorite 3 year-old, Jack. I never show up to work without my to-go mug in my hand. Jack loves to take off the lid and see my coffee...not sure why. But the last 2 mornings, I obviously haven't taken coffee in my mug to work. He caught on this morning and this is how the conversation went:

Jack: "Katey, where your coffee? I can see it?"
Katey: "Jack, I forgot to tell you. I didn't bring my coffee mug, because I don't drink coffee anymore."
Jack: *stares at me blankly*
Katey: "I decided not to drink coffee ever again."
Jack: *with genuine concern in his eyes* "That's so sad."

No comments:

Post a Comment