Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Sunday Post

Today has been quite an eventful and beautiful day...and it's only 6:00pm.

This morning was SUPER early as it was my first day to be in the nursery at church. I've been hired on to be in charge (p.s. i LOVE those words!) of the whole nursery operation. New. Exciting. Challenging. Most of all, I love that I finally have a way to be able to serve in our wonderful church. I could go on about this for a while, but I still have so much more to say about our day so far.

Then after church, Matt and I stopped off at an awesome little park near our house for a picnic lunch. We grabbed Subway on the way and sat and chatted about life while watching all the mommies and daddies chase after their kiddos.

We were able to snag a very short Sunday-afternoon nap when we got home and then we were off to look for houses. Now, here's a subject I haven't discussed on here at all...or really anywhere, for that matter. Very few people even know that we've been house-hunting. Honestly, I don't even know what to say about it. Basically, our approach is: "Walk through open doors until the doors all close or there's only one left open." All I can say is, this is something I have NEVER experienced before. But it is definitely teaching me more and more about completely trusting in the LORD and in HIS plan for our life.

And now, we're rushing out the door to go spend a few minutes with some dear friends of ours who are getting ready to leave the States for the Chech Republic. Steve and Jennifer and Gavin have been called by the LORD to serve in this European nation for the next three (or more) year of their life. We are so proud of them and are so excited for this new and challenging season of life. We're so honored to walk through the life of ministry together with this beautiful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment