Friday, March 12, 2010

this one goes out to...

...my ONE reader!!! (that i know of, anyway.)

So, I met this girl back at the end of August, right when school had just started. Honestly, I couldn't even tell you how we met her, I just know that she ended up sitting on my couch on the first night of Small Group. And even though she knew not a one of us, she was honest and vulnerable. It was beautiful.

We haven't exactly shared many adventures together...except camping on the beach in Galveston...kinda. And sitting on the floor of my living room, crying about life. And laughing about the odd overnight stay at Grandma's.

But somehow or another, our hearts have become connected. She had to move back home at the end of the first semester, but I (we all) relish the short visits she makes to Houston. Like the one she made last night...which was too short, but I'm grateful.

Alexis, darling...I love that you made time to spend with me yesterday. And I love that you admitted to reading this sad excuse for attention-getting. And I love the ring you wear. I hope and pray that you truly wear the promises that are engraved on it. Engrave them on your heart.
And I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment