Friday, August 27, 2010

A Trip Down Memeory Lane...

...or rather, Heights Blvd.

We've already started to joke about how we'll take our kids for drives down the Blvd. and say things like, "That's where Mommy and Daddy first lived right after they got married." And, "That was our favorite little cafe to go to for lunch." And, "That's where Mommy ran many, many, many miles on that awesome jogging trail."

Today is our very last full day in this house and really, I should be packing like a mad-woman on speed. But as I've been going through closets and drawers, I keep being reminded of some sweet times we had here. And I just know I'll regret it in the future if I don't take time to record some of my thoughts.

I know my last blog post was less than stellar concerning this beat-up, old house, but despite all it's flaws and frustrations, it holds 3 years worth of some wonderful memories for us. Do you mind if I share a few of our favorite?

1. We were beyond excited about this amazing space the LORD gave us, right on the beautiful and highly sought-after Heights Blvd. Here we are checking it out, before we (well, Matt) moved in.
2. We came right home after our Wedding Day. I will spare you any elaboration on this memory. ;)
3. We used to pack this place out with UH students before we became an official student group and could meet in a room on campus. We were so proud to have a place where they could all come.
4. We've LOVED the fact that our dear friends Beth and Kyle Volkmer always choose to come stay with us when they're in town. We love them so much and have really had lots of great times together in this house eating food and playing games and talking about the LORD. We are even more grateful to finally be able to give them a door to the guest bedroom and their own bathroom when they continue to come visit.5. I have been overwhelmed with joy at the many thoughts of what the LORD has done in this living room every Monday night of last year. I had our girls' small group here and the LORD always seemed to meet us here. Every one of us there really grew in the LORD and just fell in love with each other. When we think back on those times, we'll picture this living room.



I could go on and on, but I really should get back to packing before my husband comes home and finds that I've done nothing since he left to take a load to the new house.

LORD, I'm so grateful for the last three years in this house and for every single one of the memories that are etched in the floors and on the walls. Thank you for bringing your peace to rest here so often and for each person that ever walked through the front door and into our lives. We really do cherish every bit of it and will hold it dear in our hearts. Please forgive me for when I've been ungrateful for this house. For when I've whined and complained and been out-right angry about having to live here. You are so good and you gave us such a jewel of a very first place to call home. Father, please continue to bring your peace to this house. Lord, I pray that whomever would live here next would feel your Presence like we have and would cherish the memories they'll make.

3 comments:

  1. Gee, you are making me want to move there! :) Love you and am so excited for you and your new place...ahhh! :) ENJOY! - jen robinson

    ReplyDelete
  2. got a little emotional myself; Yes very sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this. Your house truly was a place that the Lord dwelled. I am so grateful to have gotten to be in the last year of those memories and even more excited for the new ones you'll be making in your new house!! Love you. <3

    ReplyDelete