Tuesday, April 15, 2014

19 weeks (and a little of 17 and 18, but not really)

Not sure if you can tell by the lack of pregnancy updates lately, but it's been a bit busy over here. Or...more accurately...I've just been soooooooooo tired. Not sure what happened to that "guaranteed" second trimester energy boost, but I'm not getting it. And I have a few thoughts on why. More on that below.

In the mean time, here's a somewhat scattered, whirlwind update on the last few weeks. (Although, I'm honestly not even sure if I can remember week 17...at all.)

How Far Along: 19 weeks today

Size of Baby: an heirloom tomato (not sure of the difference in size between an heirloom and normal tomato...but I'm not a huge tomato eater)

Gender: Getting closer to knowing! The BIG appointment is next Thursday. I feel like I answer that question several times a day. I'm not at all annoyed by it, but it's definitely motivation to find out what kind of kid this is. Cuz it would get SO annoying for another 20+ weeks. And it's a little funny to me the number of people who are certain I need to have a girl. More thoughts on that in another post.

Movement: Only because I've been here before do I recognize the difference between the little flutters of movement (like the ones I feel RIGHT NOW!!! so.great.) and little flutters of...well...gas.

Maternity Clothes: Well, yeah.

Sleep: I'm tired. I'm so tired. And like I said above, I think I know why I'm more tired this time around than last. #1. I have this thing called a wild toddler who still (yes, still) gets up about three times a night. And is full of energy. And loves to run around and play. And tries his darnedest to not be still for more than 15 seconds at a time. So tired. #2. I'm working WAY more than I was three years ago. And it's more intensive and emotionally and mentally more involved than the 2/3 nannying jobs I had then. I rarely stayed awake at night wondering what to do about a situation at work then, but that happens constantly now. (And may I add...I'm so grateful. This is the best job I've EVER had and I love it and I wouldn't trade it. Yes, I'm exhausted...but I'm also FAR more satisfied than I've ever been.) #3. Indigestion is a beast this time, y'all. This kid better come out with some hair or I'm calling "Bull Junk" on the correlation between heartburn and hair. #4. I haven't been able to stay as active as I was last time. Partly because the weather is just now getting nice for walks and partly because of the time issue.
Bottom line? I'm tired.Life is great. But I'm tired.

Cravings: I was on a mango and mango-flavored things streak the other week. And pickles are still in the top 3. But it's so funny, this power-of-suggestion thing this time. I won't even think about crabs legs until somebody casually mentions them...and now it's all I can think about. In other words, if you're gonna be around me, could you please find a way to bring up yummy salads and veggies and things of that sort? My baby and my health greatly thank you for your consideration.

Aversions:Nothing, really. But please don't offer me any guac. Thankyouverymuch.

What I'm Missing: Sleep. Not having heart burn.

Symptoms: Ummm...heart burn.

Best Moment This Week: We've had a lot of really great moments these last few weeks. A spontaneous trip to the zoo as a family on one of the most perfect days of the year. A beautiful wedding. A few good date nights. A visit with some former students. A visit with our former campus pastors/current leaders and mentors. A fun weekend retreat at our pastors' lakehouse with some really great people. We've been busy. And intentionally soaking up these wonderful-weather days. I, especially, am trying to get my booty outside as much as possible when it's nice. I know the heat of summer days draweth nigh. And I'm not ready. 

Worst Moment This Week:Who cares?

Looking Forward To: Easter. A chill weekend. That BIG ultrasound day! Nine days to go!

Daddy's Involvement: Y'all know I want nothing more than to brag about how wonderful and thoughtful and caring my husband is...and he SO is. But what you may not know is that this man is also an enabler. He spoils me rotten and brings me food that I shouldn't (but really want to) eat.


Big Brother's Involvement: I don't even know where to start. Oh, wait! Yes, I do. One night this last week we were sitting, eating dinner and Josiah was referring to the baby, calling it "she" and talking about "her." (Unprompted, I tell you.) So, I asked, "What kind of baby do you think is in my tummy?"
"A 'gril' baby. And she's brown."
(Nervous laughter) "Ha! You think she's brown? Like, the baby's skin is brown or the baby's hair is brown?"
(Thoughtful pause) "Her head is brown."
Interesting. Totally a possibility. And we shall someday see. He was pretty confident about it and has pretty much stuck to that same description ever since. I'm not betting any money on his prediction, but I do think his odds are favorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment