Tuesday, April 29, 2014

21 weeks



So...I think you might've heard the good news by now. In case you haven't...



As you can see in the video, Josiah was not the slightest bit fazed by our announcement that he was getting a sister. He was even a little confused at why we were making a big deal about it, even though I had thoroughly explained everything several times. He already knew it was a sister. 

You can also see in the video that he threw me for a loop by saying "brufa" at the last second.  And that he was looking in the box for the baby. So funny. You can also see that I am fairly obnoxious a good majority of the time on camera. 
We're pretty confident of her name, but still not totally ready to make that social media commitment just yet.
We're just so thrilled! Seriously. I still have moments, several days later, where I kinda freak out a little. I just had the realization yesterday that having a daughter means that I'll have someone to watch girly movies and musicals with. That is, if she'll even want to. I'm already a bit overwhelmed by the amount of clothing options for little girls and may or may not have even had a bit of a nightmare where I was falling into a black-hole made of glittery, pink tutus. Dramatic much?

Anyway...on to the normal update.


How far along: 21 weeks

Size of baby: the length of a carrot

Gender: Haven't we talked enough about this already?

Movement: So much! Not super often and not incredibly strong (yet), but definitely undeniable. And I love it, I love it, I LOVE IT!!!! The absolute BEST part of the whole pregnancy is getting to feel that little babe wiggling around inside. And it's pretty cool to feel her respond to certain foods (homegirl likes chocolate...surprise, surprise) or if I've been sitting scrunched up for too long or when I turn over in bed. The coolest thing ever.

Maternity Clothes: Would you believe I'm already whining and complaining about not having shorts. Wasn't just a few weeks ago that I so desperately needed some jeans? Yeah, well...now it's scorching hot and I need shorts. And is it too much to ask to have more to choose from than "booty shorts" with a one inch panel? Nobody needs to see all that.

Sleep: Not too bad. But the semi-full nights' rest I get seems to wear off by the time I shower and get dressed.

Cravings: Cereal has been a new favorite the last couple weeks. Still hitting up those apples and pickles and ICE. And those Whataburger billboards are killing me.

Symptoms: Weird lower-back pain (a lot of ouch!), weird bumps on my thighs, being a walking (sitting) oven heated to 500* at all hours of the day. And that pesky heart burn. She better have some hair this time.

Best Moment this Week: Well, there was that one time we got to watch our little babe wiggling around on a screen for a good hour and we saw her yawn a bunch (cutest thing ever) and we got to have a very detailed tour of her heart, brain, etc. And we counted all the appropriate number of fingers and toes.
Oh, yeah. And we discovered SHE was a GIRL. And all of the people we know (and then some) cheered. It was great.

Looking Forward to: The remainder of the ultrasound and getting to see my sweetie-girl a little more. (The tech couldn't get everything because she was so caffeinated active in there. Also, I have to have a more thorough scan since I had a C-Section to check the scar or something...I don't know.)

Daddy's Involvement: So fun to think of him as a daddy to a little girl. He's in for quite a bit of culture shock, having grown up with brothers, but it's gonna be great.
As a side note: he got me some ice. I only had to send him to the store 3 other times, specifically saying, "I don't care if you don't come home with anything else on the list, but I NEED some ice." Needless to say, the 4th time he made two store trips back-to-back. Thanks, hon. ;)

Big Brother: Still asking every day if the baby came out yet. Oh, kid. We're in for a looooooong (hot) summer.
He's been calling her by her (possible) nickname and correcting anyone who says her real name. And he's also been selecting this book every night this week to read for bed. It's as if he relates to "Small Bear" who becomes "Brother Bear" by the end of the story. I may have teared up a bit tonight reading it to him. He's just so proud to be a big brother...and have a baby sister. It's more than I can handle. 



No comments:

Post a Comment