Saturday, March 8, 2014

9 and 10 Weeks

*Original Post Date: 02-10-14* 

If the post title tells ya anything about last week...it should be how insanely busy it was. Or maybe just how incredibly tired/lazy I was.

How Far Along: 9 weeks on the 4th and 10 weeks on the 11th (tomorrow)

Size of Baby: grape/kumquat

Gender: My "hunch" is starting to get stronger and stronger. And for the record...I have been right about every single gender prediction that I can think of for the last several years. There's only one time I can remember that I was wrong and it turned out the doctor was wrong! (My niece, Hannah, was Caleb for about a month, but I knew she was a girl.) Even Josiah has said "her" a couple times in reference to the baby.

Movement: OOH! I can't wait!

Maternity Clothes: I just need some pants, for crying out loud. Anybody out there have an extra hour or two lying around they aren't using? That's all that's standing in my way to getting some pants that don't make me wanna lose my salvation.

Sleep: It might be better if I had a toddler who got the concept of spending the entire night in his own bed. He usually finds his way into our room about an hour or two before wake-up and I just don't have enough cares at that point to drag him back to his own bed. Plus, the sweet cuddles will be gone all too soon.

Cravings: Apples. Cold, sweet, juicy apples. Ice. PICKLES!

Aversions: Still nothing major, but anytime I even slightly overeat anything, it's over for me. Had an experience with some Lay's Wavy Potato Chips and some French Onion Dip that made me sing and then made me sad. :(

Symptoms: Still got the burps. And some nausea. And weird dreams.

Best Moment: Getting to finally share the news with our nearest and dearest! The videos are of us telling our parents. We had to do it separately this time and none of the aunt and uncles (our siblings) were present except my older sister. Which, was really sweet because she leaves for her home in France later this week. I was glad she was there to celebrate with us.I just sent the videos to the other family members not present and the responses were sweet and fun and just as exiting as the first time.
We have also enjoyed slowly being able to tell a few other close people. 

*A few notes on the videos:
1. My parents are the first video, Matt's parents are the second. There is a bit of a difference in the responses between the two families and I just want to comment on it. First of all, we were in the comfort and privacy of my parents' house when we told them. Josiah was, as usual, full of energy and the shirt was clearly visible. Also, he is the only other kid in that family, so far. The last pregnancy announcement in my side of the family was  about 3.5 years ago. When we were with Matt's parents, we were in a semi-crowded restaurant, Josiah had JUST been woken up (against his will) from an all-too-short nap and he had a jacket on, making it quite difficult to read the shirt from their vantage point. Also, we had two new, very precious babies added to this family in the last year. Not to say that Matt's parents are completely thrilled with the new babe...they truly are. It just doesn't show much in the video for these reasons. Moving on...

 

 

Worst Moment: That one day I woke up and had a hangover. Except...I don't drink. So, the only explanation I can come up with is that I somehow sleep-walked out the house and ended up out on the middle of I-45 in the dark hours of the night and every trucker headed North ran me over. It was bad, y'all.

Looking Forward To: Making the social media announcement later this week. (I think my mom's more anxious for that than I am.)
And...I know you're gonna laugh...or at least roll your eyes. But I started daydreaming and now I'm really looking forward to Halloween. I know, I know. It's not even Valentine's Day yet. BUT...we'll be a family of four by then and the possibilities are endless. I dig a good, creative group costume.

Baby Daddy: He's so good about listening (and sometimes responding) to my non-stop babble about the new baby gear I want to get this time around and what I want the nursery to look like and what we should dress up as for Halloween. And my random comments about our name choices.

Big Brother: This kid is the sweetest thing. And I think it's beginning to click a little more with him. One day, earlier this week, he was sitting on my lap (what's left of it...already), but moving around on top of my belly. I told him he needed to be careful because the baby was in Mommy's belly and we didn't want to hurt the baby. (Honestly, that babe can't feel a darned thing at this point, but he was all knees and elbows in my stomach and it hurt.) This is the conversation after I told him to be careful:

J: "Oh, Mommy! I'm sorry! I don't want to hurt the baby."
Me: "Did you know the baby can hear you talking? Do you want to say hi to the baby?"
J: "Oh, yeah! Hi, Little Baby! It's so nice to see you."

And earlier today he was declaring his love for me (seriously...loving this sweet, heart-melting stage) and he said, "Mommy, I love you. And I love our baby." I teared up. Which, of course, confused him and he thought he did something wrong. I just keep praying that this budding love and affection he has for his little sibling, brother or sister, would never wane, but just continue to grow stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment