Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Seven Weeks

Original Date: 01-24-14, Friday

Because I haven't gone to the doctor yet, I'm still assuming my week change happens on Fridays. Not sure the doctor will say anything different, but I'm sure she'll be able to measure a little more scientifically.

Anyway, like I said before, I really want to be better (not legalistic) about documenting more of this pregnancy. I keep saying to Matt (and myself) that I just don't remember feeling like this the last time. Partly, I didn't even know I was pregnant until 8 or 9 weeks, but I really think things are just heating up a LOT sooner than with Josiah.

How Far Along: 7 weeks

Size of Baby: a blueberry

Gender: Not a clue! The only feeling I have is that it could be a girl, but that's only because it seems like this pregnancy is already VERY different from the last. I know that means nothing. But I can also already tell I'm carrying higher than with Josiah.

Movement: Nope. Although, (and I'm gonna be a little too honest here) sometimes I feel a little gassy and I'll joke with Matt that maybe I'm really more like 6 months pregnant and just didn't know it. He doesn't think that's funny.

Maternity Clothes: Did I ever really stop wearing maternity clothes from the last time??? Haha! I'm kidding...kind of. But in the interest in semi-full-disclosure, I never really got past my pre-baby size from last time and have just been shopping for flow-y tops and stretchy jeans ever since. Turns out, these come in really handy when you're trying to hide an unannounced pregnancy and your belly is already popping and you can't just suck it in anymore. Which is exactly where I'm at. Not gonna be able hide this thing for long.

Sleep: It was fine up until last night. It might have been the unfortunate food choices I made a little too late last night, but I woke up in the wee hours of the morning and rushed to the bathroom. I have this problem with never letting myself vomit. I just can't. I heaved a few times, but was able to hold it back. I just hung out by the potty (fun times) for about 10 minutes and then ended up falling asleep on the couch. I'm hoping this is not a new normal.

Cravings: FOOD. SO HUNGRY. allthetime. I haven't had any cravings for anything in particular yet, but certain foods just make me wanna sing. Pickles, mushrooms, garlic-y anything. I had THE most delicious pear a couple mornings ago and just polished off the single best bowl of LaMadeline's Tomato Basil soup I have ever had in my life. *Courtesy of my darling husband who thoughtfully brought some home for me.

Aversions: Not a whole lot yet. I'm still waiting on that coffee aversion, secretly hoping it never comes. How will I survive?

What I'm Missing: Ya know. This poor second kid. Last time, I was the model pregnant woman. No coffee, no sandwich meat, only healthy foods, etc. This time...I have a toddler and am just trying to survive. I tried to make myself go decaf the day after we found out, but...let's just say...I've had a very small cup of regular coffee every morning since then. So, really...the only thing I'm missing is being able to eat a bite of anything at all and not burping for the next three hours.

Symptoms: The worst upper-body gas of my life. Seriously. I take two bites of something and less than five minutes later, I'm ugly-belching for the next three hours. So attractive. (I actually had to tell someone the other day that I think I have some digestion issue or that I'm developing acid reflux. We were trying to have a semi-serious conversation and I kept "man-burping" in her face. Can't wait to tell her the truth.) Constant nausea, sometimes more intense, but always present. But like I said before, I refuse to barf. So...there. Super sore boobs. SO TIRED. And my eyes have been hurting. Don't remember that ever being listed as a pregnancy symptom. Hmmm.

Best Moment This Week: Making it a full week without telling anyone! Also, being in a restaurant with no one we knew and I totally didn't even try to hide my already visible bump. I may have even rubbed it a little just in case people were watching me and assuming I had just eaten too much.

Looking Forward To: Going to the first doctor's appointment next week. SO MANY QUESTIONS. Also, I think we'll feel more free to start letting people know once we go. I've said it before and I'll say it again...Not sure how much longer I can keep this thing hidden.

Daddy's Involvement: He's been so sweet and accommodating already. Letting me rest in the afternoons when I'm exhausted and Josiah is high-energy. Letting me drink coffee and not putting me on lock-down like last time. And enduring my neurotic whining about what-ifs and not feeling well and wanting to tell everyone. And talking to me about names. And cooking/bringing me yummy foods to eat. He's the best.

Big Brother's Involvement:We're smart enough to not tell him yet. We've asked our normal questions like we usually do; "Do you want a brother or a sister?" The answer varies. But we're anxious to tell him.

No comments:

Post a Comment