Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Weeks 14 and 15

How Far Along: 14 weeks on the 11th and 15 weeks on the 18th

Size of Baby: a lemon last week and an apple this week

Gender: Getting closer to finding out! Only about a month left.


Movement: I really, really think I've felt this little nugget wiggle around in there a few times, but it's still so hard to tell.


Maternity Clothes: Does already having to wear the fake "diamond" engagement ring count as maternity? After last pregnancy, my knuckles stayed a little swollen and I've never been able to wear my wedding band, but after the hot summer days, I was able to slip my engagement ring on fairly well. With the warmth of the spring starting to come in, I've already had a few scares involving me having to really fight to get my ring off. I decided one day a couple weeks ago that I better not risk it anymore. So, I used a little of that Penny's money (I knew the rest that Matt didn't buy would come in handy eventually) to buy myself a GIANT, very fake diamond-looking ring for ten bucks. I have this weird thing about looking like I'm not married, but have a toddler and am pregnant again. I know most people don't even pay attention to stuff like that...but some do. And we have a few church services coming up where we'll be special missionary guests and it's just best to not leave those things up the imagination. You know? (**Note: I'm not big on huge rings, but all they had were HUGE stones. I've already hurt myself and Josiah.)


Mood: A little better this week. The sun has been shining. The wildflowers are blooming. The trees are significantly more green. I've gotten a break from that monotonous routine and got a little extra sleep/rest. I've still been a bit hormonal and can go from 0 to 60 in 2 seconds (crying or cranky ticked), but it's been way better.  

Sleep: Y'all. Spring Break was great. There was one day where I took three separate naps. Two were accidental, but the third was totally intentional...and incredible. But I've also been having the wildest, weirdest dreams, involving the most random people doing the most bizarre things. Most of the time, I can't remember anything except that it was weird.

Cravings: Apples still. And beef. I've been wanting steak and burgers and fajitas and spaghetti with ground beef. I'm normally a beef-eater, but it just went up a notch this last week. And thankfully, I've had just about every one of those things. (Not the healthiest pregnancy week ever, but give me some grace...it was Spring Break, after all!)
Aversions: Only to smells, really. And very many of them. Topping the list are corn tortillas. And wouldn't ya know...my husband LOVES corn tortillas and has been eating them just about everyday. They smell awful to me when they're in the package and when he takes them out. But I have to really concentrate to hold my lunch in when he heats them up and the whole house smells like corn tortillas.

What I'm Missing: Not a whole lot.

Symptoms: I've hit that point (already!?!?) where I'm out of breath pretty easily. Picking stuff up off the floor and getting dressed are kind like chores.


Best Moment This Week: Getting to spend some good, quality time with family this last week during Spring Break was a highlight.
Painting pottery with Grandmommy and Tia. He chose a worm. Not sure why.

Worst Moment This Week: Oh, probably that one time when I totally lost it on Josiah. It's certainly not a moment I'm proud of, but let's just say...I normally give him spankings when he deserves it and after I explain why he's getting one in a very calm and collected manner. This time wasn't the case. He totally deserved it. Make no mistake about that. He was being blatantly disobedient. But I lost it on him and was yelling. Not cute. I definitely had to apologize for it later. (**Not the spanking. He deserved the spanking. I do not apologize ever for disciplining my child and expecting obedience from him. He is perfectly capable of being obedient and understands completely when he's been disobedient. But I did apologize for yelling at him. He did not...and never does...deserve that.)

Looking Forward To: The appointment I have on Thursday...always fun to be hear baby's heartbeat and be reassured everything is still cooking properly. And also setting the date for the BIG appointment!


Daddy's Involvement: He's been his normal patient, thoughtful, caring, serving self. And maybe giving in a little too much to my wild cravings. (Matt, if you're reading this, I don't mean it. Please don't stop giving in.)


Big Brother's Involvement:Well, this happened. And to my knowledge, it was totally unprompted. Pops (Matt's dad) might have suggested it or had something to do with it, but as far as I know, Josiah just walked up to me and told me he had a baby in his belly too. And I died. It really does show me that he has so much more understanding of the whole situation than I thought he was. If only he'd understand that it hurts when he (innocently) kicks my tummy.
Can't wait til my shirts all look stretched out like that. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment