Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thirteen

*Original Post: 03-04-14*

Wow! I feel like I was JUST writing about weeks 11 and 12. That week went fast. But it sure didn't seem like it. The days are long, my friends, and the weeks are speedy.

How Far Along: 13 weeks...creeping into that Second Trimester, baby!

Size of Baby: the length of a pea pod

Gender: I don't know. I'm so confused and growing more impatient by the day.

Movement: Probably not.

Maternity Clothes: Remember that ugly rant I went on last week about Penney's ruing my life and removing all their maternity from their stores? My poor husband had to hear about it a little too much, so he decided to "buy" some of my store credit and gave me some cold, hard cash to go get some clothes wherever I wanted. That man. Although, I'm still not sure if his motive was because he's loving and thoughtful and fill of generosity or if he was just trying to shut me up. Probably a little of both. So...yes! I finally have a few pieces that I'm super happy with (jeans, a couple of t-shirts, a nicer top, shorts...if it ever warms up out there, and a great maxi skirt). So much better!

Mood: Still a little on the cranky side. And exhausted. And it's been a pretty tough week, emotionally. More on that below.

Sleep: Eh. I get what seems to be plenty of hours, it's just not always deeply restful.

Cravings:  Nothing healthy but the occasional apple. And a rare salad. Pizza was a pretty strong one this week. And those tasty, addictive Cadbury Mini-eggs. I actually had an emotional moment the other day in Walmart because it looked like they had already been completely bought out. Josiah was concerned for me. Luckily, I found some of the tiny (not enough, but probably better for me to have some portion control) bags of them at the front of the store. I grabbed a handful.

I totally identify with this.


Aversions: Nothing majorly notable. Still hate all the things I normally hate.

What I'm Missing: Same as last week; energy and a good attitude.

Symptoms: Headaches have been much better for the most part. I'm still a blubbering idiot all the time. I've had a few good reasons to be emotional lately, but I still can be found crying for no reason at all. So much fun for a non-crier.


Best Moment This Week: Making it to the 2nd trimester. Always an accomplishment. Also, this past week was pretty sweet. Yes, I've been extra cranky and exhausted, but my girls took it upon themselves to declare a week of blessing me. Each one took a different day and brought me flowers or a treat or bought my lunch. So sweet and so thoughtful! I love my job! And then to top it off, I woke up Friday morning and Matt had arranged for a handful of girls to come clean my house (!!!) (we were hosting a bunch of students from another campus over the weekend) and watch Josiah while I went and got a pedicure. By myself. It.was.wonderful.

Worst Hardest Moment This Week: Saying goodbye to some of the dearest people in my life. Matt's youngest brother and his family left for the Middle East on Sunday and I surprised myself (for the last several months...even before the influx of pregnancy hormones) at how emotional I was about it all. Kimberly has become such a dear friend and sister to me over the last 4.5 years and it's not easy to think of all the space and time between us and the memories we could have hanging out with family. I held it together fairly well at the airport as we saw then off, but before and after were such a different story. I weirdly woke up Monday morning and felt like we had been to a funeral. HA! We're so grateful that they're there and safe and starting to get settled in to their new normal, but we miss them so much already. Thank you, Jesus, for modern technology in the form of texts and social media.

Looking Forward To: SPRING BREAK! We'll get to have a few days "off" at the end of the week and I'm desperately looking forward to being with both families for a bit of time. Matt's parents live out in the country where there's nothing to do, nowhere to go and nobody to see. Sounds like my idea of a break.

Daddy's Involvement: Apparently, I never finished this part of the update last week. I'm sure he's been a rock star of a husband and daddy. I mean, did you read about the part where he let me buy some clothes and get a pedicure by myself? Mr. Wonderful.

Big Brother's Involvement:Ummm...I'm sure he was a great big brother last week. He probably was really cute and said and did cute things...constantly. I actually really need to do a full update post on him. I'm trying to hold out until his 3rd birthday (!!!!!!!) to do that though.
I think this pretty well sums up both Daddy's involvement and Big Brother's. Sweetest guys ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment