Friday, April 23, 2010

2 years!

I can't believe it's already been 2 years since I started working with the Cashins. This really is the BEST "job" I have ever had. Ever. I knew as soon as I talked to Kate (mom) on the phone to set up an interview, that I was gonna fall in love with this family. And ohmygoodness, I did. Can you believe we actually found each other on Craigslist??? I know. Poor website gets such a bad rap.

My time with this family has not been without it's frustrations and sad days. LOTS of bumps and bruises and scrapes and gashes (Jack is pretty clumsy). And loads of bad attitudes and disobedience and disrespect (both of them are sassy).

But the days of laughing, creating, learning, playing, singing, dancing, exploring, cuddling, etc. have more than made up for the not-so-great moments. These kids love me so much and tell me all the time. I've been to birthday parties, gymnastics classes, 100th day of school parade and so on. And I wouldn't miss any of it for the world.

I've watched them grow up so much. Kids change A LOT in 2 years. When I first started watching them, Jack was sitting in high chairs and I was spoon-feeding him. He couldn't say any words at all yet. We were all actually kinda worried about him. And Caroline couldn't say "three." It was more like "fwee." She was in this huge stage of testing any and all boundaries. She made my life hard.
But now, Jack and I have real conversations all day long and he's potty-trained and sleeps in a big boy bed. And Caroline is in Kindergarten and helps me clean up around the house and is such a sweet and respectful and smart little girl. They both have very obvious and individual personalities.

I'm gonna cry. I love these kids so much and am so grateful to have gotten to watch them grow up. I don't know how much longer I'll be with them, but I know I'm gonna enjoy every last minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment